- We supply salt & pepper. Bring along everything else, e.g. creamer, sugar, hot sauce, syrup, coffee.
- We supply drinking water out of a cooler. Bring along anything else you’d like to drink, e.g. coffee, water/soda plastic bottles. Coffee is not provided.
- Supplies and Clothing – we supply pillows, shampoo/bath and dish soap, a first aid kit, garbage bags, dish linens, cooking/eating utensils and two wool blanket covers. Here’s what you need to bring:
- Bedding — pillow cases and sleeping bags or sheets/blankets
- Paper plates/bowls if you’d prefer to minimize dish washing
- Bath towels
- Paper towels
- Bug spray
- Charcoal if you’d like to grill
- Sunscreen (regardless of season)
- Thermal underwear for fall-spring
- Rain or snow/ ski gear
- Hiking, Water and/or Snow boots. Snowshoes are highly recommended in the winter. Bring your own or rent a pair at Piragis (skis are available) — piragis.com/.
- Light colored/long sleeve shirts and pants May – September
- Charcoal if you plan to use outdoor grill
- Tupperware/storage bags and/or aluminum foil or plastic wrap
- Hand/feet warmers for the cooler weather
- Headlamp and/or flashlight to navigate to the sauna, fire pit and outhouse (or for night-timing snow shoeing)
Avoiding glass bottles/ware is strongly advised. Many things that are not typically available in a box or a plastic bottle are available in Ely given it is the doorway to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area where glass is prohibited, e.g. wine in a box, beer in a plastic bottle or can.
**For Wintergreen visits in the summer/fall, we highly encourage guests to pack “like a backpacking trip.” It is a half mile hike in on a backwoods “portage trail.” While we do have a stove top, a cooler and camp grill, keeping foods that need to be cool/cold is challenging. Not to mention, bears have a keen sense of smell.