Two and one-half miles (with one short portage) from the nearest road, the Triangle Lake Cabin is accessible by water/ice only. We will meet you at the parking area (see map) and assist you with bringing your gear to this beautiful cabin via boat or sled depending on the season. Here are some other details to help you plan your visit:
- The cabin is equipped with all the cooking, living and eating utensils you should need, including wineglasses, corkscrew, bakeware, dish linens, dish soap, bathing/shampoo soap, matches, salt and pepper, garbage bags, toilet paper, mattresses and pillows, a stove top and an outside grill. Note: charcoal, coffee, bedding, pillow cases, towels for bathing and paper towels are not provided.
- If you are coming between May and September, you will need insect repellent and light-colored/weight long-sleeved shirts/pants for bug protection. We also recommend water shoes for swimming, and water/hike boots for canoeing that can get wet and/or navigate trails, as this is generally a rocky area.
- Cooking/Washing. The cabin has a gas stove with four burners and an oven, a wood burning stove for heat (wood supplied), fire extinguisher, small gas refrigerator with small freezer, gas and solar lights and drinking and cooking water supplied by us from the City of Ely. Water for bathing and dishes comes out of the lake.
- Canoe(s). A 18’ Kevlar canoe (about 40 lbs.) with life vests and paddles comes with your stay. Additional canoes are available for $35/day. Please let us know in advance if you need children’s life vests and /or want to reserve extra canoes.
- We allow pets, and charge $10/day per pet. Please let us know in advance if you are bringing your pet. Plan to keep an eye on your pets when outside—wolves like to prey upon the family dog.
- Children under the age of five are not recommended – please contact us regarding special authorization.
- Fireworks/arms. All fireworks are prohibited. Firearms to be used in hunting game require our advanced permission, in addition to appropriate licensing.
- Outdoor fire pit/grill. Be aware of fire bans; we will let you know upon your arrival.
- Check In is between 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm. We will contact you approximately 5-10 days prior to your trip to firm up our meeting time, given that we are meeting @ a remote location with limited to no cell service.
- Check-out is between 9:00-10:00 am @ the Triangle Lake cabin/dock. We will confirm timing with you upon your arrival.
- Reservations and Payment. A 20% deposit is due within ten days of booking with final payment due upon arrival. All bookings are not finalized until a deposit is received and a full refund is given if a booking is cancelled 60 days or more prior to the date. If cancelled within 60 days of the booking, no refund is provided but rather can be applied to a future stay at any one of our cabins.
Thank you for your interest in Triangle Lake. Contact us now to plan for your visit to the BWCA!
Dean & Cecilia
Dean Bushey and Cecilia Quattromani, Owners, Log Cabin Hideaways