It’s always a great time to visit the Northwoods! Our rustic, most remote and comfortable log cabins provide the perfect setting for outdoor recreation and relaxation.
The Triangle and Wintergreen cabins are as close to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW) as you can get! The Triangle cabin is less than a one tenth of a paddle to the Kawishiwi River portage. The Wintergreen Cabin is a half mile away via the woods. While Gem Lake does not access the BWCAW, it is within three miles of Snowbank, Moose and Ojbiway Lakes and, Lake One among other smaller, good fishing lakes.
All three have the traditional Finnish sauna for bathing and/or relaxing (Gem Lake also has a hot shower). We transport all your food and gear across the lakes and into the cabins by snowmobile, so there is no need to pack too lightly. We allow you to enjoy a remote vacation without sacrificing comfort. There is a good chance you won’t see another person during your stay, unless you want to. It would not be unusual to see a wolf, or at least hear them howling. Pine Martens, owls and a host of birds are frequent visitors to the bird feeder during the winter.
- Fat tire or mountain bike, hike, ski, kicksled or snowshoe right on the properties. Rent your gear in town at Piragis or Ely Bike & Kick-sled.
- Fish any time the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) says it’s okay to fish.
- Fall is a great time to grouse or deer hunt (consider hiring Dean for a grouse hunt).
- Enjoy a traditional Finnish sauna with a roll in the snow.
- Spend an afternoon shopping and dining in town of Ely (pick up is available).
Contact us for availability and enjoy a true wilderness getaway you will never forget.