Two and one-half miles (with one short portage) from the nearest road, the Triangle Lake Cabin is accessible by water/ice only. We will meet you at the parking area (see map) and assist you with bringing your gear to this beautiful cabin via boat or sled depending on the season.
Here are some other details to help you plan your visit:
- The cabin is equipped with all the cooking, living and eating utensils you should need, including wineglasses, corkscrew, bakeware, dish linens, dish soap, bathing/shampoo soap, matches, salt and pepper, garbage bags, toilet paper, mattresses and pillows, a stove top and an outside grill. Note: charcoal, coffee, bedding, pillowcases, towels for bathing and paper towels are not provided.
- The 3-season outdoor gazebo has a picnic table, two cots and camp chairs. This is a great place to get away from the bugs and/or enjoy a late afternoon nap. Some guests elect to sleep here on cool, dry nights.
- Attached is a “Recommended Packing List” and a map to help you navigate to the Ojibway Parking Lot (where we’ll meet to start your summer adventure) and/or the Winter Parking Lot for a winter visit.
- Cooking/Washing. The cabin has a gas stove with four burners and an oven, a wood burning stove for heat (wood supplied), fire extinguisher, small refrigerator with small freezer, gas and solar lights and drinking and cooking water supplied by us from the City of Ely. Water for bathing and dishes comes out of the lake.
- The cabin has a lot of games including cards, cribbage and puzzles in addition to a small library of field guides and books about the area as well as games.
- Fishing licenses and bait are available all over town at outfitters and bait shops, gas stations, hardware stores, etc.
- An 18’ Kevlar canoe (about 40 lbs.) with life vests and paddles comes with your stay. Additional canoes with gear are available for $40/day for a two-person or $45 for a three-person Kevlar canoe. Please let us know in advance if you need children’s life vests and /or want to reserve extra canoes.
- If you are bringing your own canoe, the state of Minnesota requires current registration either in your state or ours. If your state does not require registration, visit the MN DNR website.
- We allow pets, and charge $10/day per pet. Please let us know in advance if you are bringing your pet. Plan to keep an eye on your pets when outside—wolves like to prey upon the family dog.
- All fireworks are prohibited. Firearms to be used in hunting game require our advanced permission, in addition to appropriate licensing.
- This is a non-smoking cabin. If you choose to smoke outside, please collect and carry out all cigarette butts.
- There is an outdoor fire pit/grill –be aware of fire bans; we will let you know upon your arrival. You will need to collect firewood for the firepit (firewood for the woodburning stoves is provided).
- Check In is 2:00 pm at the designated winter/summer parking areas (see map)
- We will contact you approximately 5-10 days prior to your trip to firm up our meeting time, given that we are meeting @ a remote location with limited to no cell service.
- Please call/email us one week prior to your arrival date to confirm our meet time and location, especially in the winter. Know that we are not available the day of your arrival to take calls.
- Check-out is between 9:00-10:00 am @ the Triangle Lake cabin where we will drop you off. We will confirm timing with you upon your arrival.
- A 20% deposit is due by the identified date of your Estimate with final payment due upon arrival. Personal checks or cash are preferred. All bookings are not finalized until a deposit is received and a full refund is given if a booking is cancelled 60 days or more prior to the date. If cancelled within 60 days of the booking, no refund is provided but rather can be applied to a future stay at any one of our cabins.
- A Liability Waiver form is required for each member of your group (simply complete on line or send copies in advance of your trip). For children between 5-18, parents must sign or complete the waiver from.
Thank you for making your reservation with us. Simply return your deposit and a signed copy of your rental agreement within ten days of receipt of this letter. Do call or write with questions/ concerns. We want your trip here to be the best possible and are looking forward to meeting you!